News in 2020
Leila De Floriani
- Elevated to Fellow of the European Graphics (Eurographics), Association, May 2020.
- Inducted as Member the IEEE Visualization Academy, October 2020.
- General Co-Chair, Computational Visual Media Conference, Macao, 2020.
- Member, Computing Research Association Board, appointed in January 2020.
- Invited Talk. Topology-based clustering methods for geospatial data analysis, IEEE Vardhaman College of Engineering and IEEE Hyderabad Section, August 2020.
- Invited talk, Topology-based approaches to data analysis, IEEE YESIST12 , August 2020.
- Invited talk, Topology-based approaches to data visualization, Women in Engineering, Global Summit 2020, November 2020.
- Invited talk, Mesh-based approached to modeling point clouds for geospatial applications, IEEE Computer Society Japan Chapter, December 2020.
- Invited talk, Diversity and Inclusion Activities in the IEEE Computer Society, Women in Engineering International Leadership Summit, December 2020.
Yunting Song is awarded the GIS Summer Research Fellowship by the Department of Geographical Sciences, University of Maryland, May 2020.
Paper entitled “A Persistence-Based Approach for Individual Tree Mapping” by Xin Xu, Federico Iuricich and Leila De Floriani was awarded the best paper runner-up at ACM SIGSPATIAL 2020.
Ulderico Fugacci appointed as tenured research scientist at the Italian National Research Council, Genova July 2020.
Sara Scaramuccia got a postdoc position at the Department of Mathematics, Polytechnic University of Torino (Italy), September 2020.